For all the details, release forms & registration click the link below:
Who: The YOUTH of Denver
What: Summer Camp/Missions Trip
When: Monday, June 12 – Thursday, June 15th, 2017
Where: Denver/Colorado Christian University (Lakewood, CO)
Cost: $225 before April 15th, $250 after April 15th
Forms: 1. Summit waiver: Summit-Permission-Form-2017-Fillable
2. City Camp Waiver: City Camp Liability Waiver
3. Rec Center Waiver: The Ridge Rec Center Waiver
- Appropriate Summer Clothes
- Clothes for games and activities (4 days)
- Clothes for 4 night services (jeans, casual wear)
- Tuesday Night – All American Theme (wear red, white and blue)
- Wednesday Night – White Out Theme (wear white)
- Clothes for Service Projects (3 Days)
- We will be working out in the hot sun for 3 days for about 4-5 hours. Students should have closed-toe shoes, shorts, t-shirts, and tons of sunscreen.
- Bathing Suit- We will be going to a rec center with a pool. We ask that female students wear a tankini that covers up their stomach. If they cannot provide this, we will ask that they do not swim, or wear a t-shirt. Male students, no speedos.
- Closed-toe shoes
Bedding: Each student needs to provide his or her own bedding
- Sleeping bag, pillow, XL twin sheets if desired, etc.)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, & plenty of sunscreen!
- Shower towel
Snacks: Feel free to pack your student with as many snacks as they can handle! Each apartment is equipped with a microwave and fridge, so feel free to send snacks that require these appliances. 🙂
- Small backpack for mission work to bag to carry:
- Water bottle, Sunscreen, Work gloves, Boxed lunch (provided by CCU), and Hand sanitizer.
- Bible, journal, and pen
- Water Bottle
- Work Gloves
- Hand sanitizer
Do NOT Bring:
- Illegal drugs (including marijuana), drug paraphernalia, alcohol, cigarettes, weapons, or any other inappropriate material.
When & Where do we meet? At Summit Church at 3:00pm, on June 12th
When is pick up on June 15th? Pick up your students at 10pm on Thursday, June 15th at Summit Church!
What forms do I need to sign? (All the forms that are available above)
1. You need to fill out the standard Summit Church Medical release form
2. You need to sign the CityCamp waiver
3. You need to sign the Rec Center waiver
When are all the forms due?
All forms MUST be turned in on the day we leave(June 12th or before)
Is it safe? Yes! We stay in a secure place (Colorado Christian University dorms) and take precautions in order to keep everyone on the trip safe!
How much does it cost? $225 until April 15th, then the cost goes up to $250
When is the last day I can sign up? Whenever it is full. Sign up soon or you might miss out!
Do we sleep at home or somewhere in Denver? We are staying there, think mission trip or summer camp (you can’t go home during those kids of trips :))
Where will be staying? In the dorms at Colorado Christian University. 8787 W Alameda Ave. Lakewood, CO 80226
How will everyone be transported? Our leaders will be driving their cars
Is the food good? It’s college cafeteria food provided by the CCU food service.
What if my student is gluten free? There are gluten free food options available 🙂
What if a student has food allergies or dietary restrictions? Please let us know in advance and we will work it out!
What will we be doing? We will be working with a variety of churches and ministries around the Denver area cook & feeding people at soup kitchens and well as cleaning and some manual labor.
What organizations will we be working with? We will work with Sox Place, Denver Rescue Mission and Shiloh House.
Who are the chaperones? Many of our regular youth leaders will be attending. Every adult leader on this trip will have a background check. All our regular youth leaders go through an extensive training process to help them to be excellent at leading young people!
Do you need other adults/ parents to volunteer? Yes, we could use your help! We will run a background check on you because the safety of our students is a priority!
What is the youngest a child can go? Must have completed 5th grade and be going into 6th grade!
Are scholarships available? A limited amount of scholarships will be available. You will be expected to pay for half the trip. The scholarship deadline is May 1st.
Download the scholarship form here: SUMMIT Student ministry scholarship form
Do you have other Questions? let us know 🙂
Check out last years highlight video